Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Joys of Eating







Since Addison has a G-tube feeding has been a real concern for me and a scary one at that! Addison has a cleft palate which scares me to even think about trying to feed her. Is the food going down? Is it going up? Is it in her lungs? We were told by her doctors that just because she has a cleft palate doesn't mean she can't eat. Ok so this stresses me out. I want her to eventually enjoy our neighbors delicious fudge brownies as much as I do, but how do I go about all of this? Addison's OT and I were discussing the issue last night. We bought one of those mesh food feeders at Wal Mart and tried it this morning. Addison loves to chew on toys and enjoys sucking on a wet washcloth, like most kids do, YUK. Anyway...it worked! We put some banana in the mesh bag and away she went. She loved it. Maybe this food thing isn't so scary after all :)

1 comment:

heidi @ ggip said...

That's great! Our OT wants us to eventually try one of those too.